Help at Hand Support Services, is looking for experienced Disability Support Workers who would like to join us and help make a difference to the lives of people with a disability.
You will be providing a person-centered approach and your daily routine will depend on the person you are supporting. Every day could be different for you; one day you might be assisting in taking a client out for a day at the beach or taking them to a movie or a game and so on. The next day may involve assisting the client to attend a medical appointment and keeping them company at their home with a cup of tea, this type of work is exciting and varied.
You must have the following in order to be considered:
- Must have your own a fully insured and reliable vehicle
- International police check (if applicable) or Current police check (must be within 6 months from the date of application)
- Cert IV in Disability or above or equivalent experience
- A current Working with children check
- First aid/CPR certificates (current)
- Full and clean Australian driver’s license
- Be punctual
- Be reliable and flexible
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Empathetic and proactive with a genuine interest to work in this field
- The ability to self-supervise and to remain calm and composed at times of crisis
In addition to the above list, you must have the right to live and work in Australia. If you find yourself meeting all the above eligibility requirements, we would like to hear from you. Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com or click the APPLY button to upload the same. If you are determined to be a suitable applicant, one of our staff members will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.